Australia is the place where you can see nature and technology meets.
They live the simple yet most advanced kind of life; like you can enjoy your day off fishing, camping or just chilling in front of a lake in the forest, while waiting for your car -which you have bought online a couple of days ago- to arrive to you.
While I have a lot to say about my experience in living here for about 5 months now, I will choose to write about some little random observations which have caught my eyes since the first day I have arrived here.
- Australia has a massive number of creeks. I won’t be surprised if I knew that every Australian has a creek named after him/her.
- Also, you wouldn’t find dead cats on the sides of the highway roads (Talking about my beloved Jordan) but instead, you would find dead kangaroos.
- The first thing you should know if you want to learn the Australian accent is to spell the letter “A” like the letter “I”. So if you want to say “Lane” it would almost be heard as “Line”. I was so confused at first but hey Aussies, now I know your secret.
- It’s not called Fries, it’s called Chips. So the minute you order it as “Fries” you would expose yourself as non-Australian. And one more thing to add; Fries and Ketchup are not best friends in Aussie.
- I’m pretty sure babies know how to surf in Australia.
- Don’t freak out if you saw a boat has parked just next to you. boats are pretty famous down under.
- and Finally, it’s the land of Tattoos and Flip Flops (Thongs). Tattoos and Flip Flops. Tattoos and Flip Flops.